Pack your bags, grab your passport and head to the airport… we give you 8 reasons to take this hen party weekend overseas.
1. With more budget flights running the Europe routes than ever, you’re never more than a few clicks away from a cheap flight.
2. Budapest hen weekends serves up the best of both worlds, you have historical Buda with the Castel district and cobbled paths. Then on the other side of the winding Danube River we have Pest, a vibrant and lively party place. Budapest is a city for drinkers, with some of the most unique bars in the world. The ruin bars started springing up after a lack of funds after the Second World War meant full-on renovations were not possible. Now they have become a much-loved institution that even Shoreditch would envy. The daytime will not leave you at a loose end, Thermal baths, pleasure cruise on the Danube and meander around the cobbled streets of the Castle District and a whole host of hen activities on offer.
3. Hen weekends Benidorm. If you’re looking for unadulterated fun in the sun on a budget Benidorm is your best friend. The many café and bars compete for your custom with 1.23 euro breakfasts, perfect to soak up beach days and boozy nights. The key to organising any group weekend is knowing your audience. If your group are looking for a no holds barred, let your hair down weekend where you can go absolutely outrageous on your fancy dress costume and get drunk on less than £20 you’ve picked a winner! If you’re looking for upmarket clubs, fancy grub and sophisticates then you`re barking up the wrong tree, enter Marbella…
4. Marbella hen parties. Experience Life on Marbs , it’s not all fake tan and Cheshire grins, there’s a lot of that obvs but there is more. The resorts of Puerto Banus and Marbella combine to make the perfect sun drenched party hot spot. Separated by the "Golden Mile", both serve ample upmarket bars and restaurants. So if that all sounds up your street then the only way really is Marbs.
5. Krakow hen do. With approximately 1 in 10 Krakow residents being a student, it’s easy to see why many groups are flocking to Poland’s second city. With drinks for a quid and an abundance of bars and clubs the one thing you won’t be feeling is thirsty. Although an eventual hangover is guaranteed. Chuck in the array of sights, its many markets and shops, plus a love of thrilling activities, you’ll be left wondering why you didn’t go sooner.
6. Hen parties in Barcelona. Our groups’ favourite always has to be Barcelona. No other city offers up so much in terms of variety. You've got beach and city vibes rolled up into one. Old and new with the huge development of Port Olympic and the narrow winding streets of the Gothic Quarter. Expect all and everything in between from the nightlife, from chill out beach bars and waterfront clubs, to quirky back street basement bars running off Las Ramblas.
7. Because your suitcase needs its wheels turned and no one else is going to do it for you!
Depending on the bride's personality it could be a fun idea to include a few surprises. But remember she only gets one hen night so think carefully.
Should the hen party be a surprise or arranged by the bride? With most hen weekends, the bride is commonly consulted on the basics, the date, time, invite list, and where it will start. The degree of freedom the bridesmaids get to go off piste, depends on the chances of awakening the bridezilla.