Congratulations, your mate has told you you’re the ‘best man’ but let’s face it, you kind of suspected that all along. However, now it’s official there are a few things you need to take care of. Here’s a few tips from the experts over at SimplytheBestMan.co.uk.
Arranging an epic stag weekend
Acting as his wing man on the big day itself.
Delivering a killer speech.
If you’re reading this then you’re already determined to prove he was right when awarding your new status as ‘best’ man. And there are a few handy tips that will help you carry out your role and become a true legend. So let’s look at each of your tasks individually.
Booking the Stag Weekend
We all know the basic rule, “What happens in Bournemouth stays in Bournemouth” but actually there are some other key factors you need to consider.
• Book early. Lots of guys are booking their stag weekends right now, the earlier you book the better choices you’ll have, you’ll be carried home and celebrated as a true stag legend.
• Leave it until too late and you and the guys end up spending the weekend at your aunt’s caravan in Clacton. The guys aren’t happy and you end up spending a fortune on pizza and beer.
• Make sure you get the groom home in one piece with no extra bruises/tattoos/wives. You don’t want to have to explain that to the bride-to-be.
Acting as Wing Man
Getting married is considered to be one of the most stressful events in our lives. Not only is the groom going to need you on the day but be there for him in the build-up.
• Listen to his complaints/worries.
• Be on hand with useful advice (“Trust me, ruffled shirts are definitely in this year.”).
• Take him on vital wedding planning meetings’, these should be held in the pub. With crisps and cold beer.
• On the day make sure you’re the point of contact for all the different wedding suppliers so the happy couple can relax and enjoy their day without getting bogged down with hundreds of questions.
Delivering a Killer Speech
This is the last or your roles…
• Get it right and people will be wanting to congratulate you with free drink all night, the groom will get the comedy roasting he rightly deserves and you’ll have your pick of the bridesmaids.
• Get it wrong and you’ll be bodily ejected from the reception by the bride’s brothers as her mother scowls at you. You’ll spend the rest of the evening in the car park wishing you hadn’t done the joke about the groom’s ex-girlfriends and the foot and mouth outbreak.
To be sure of getting it right on the night you can rely on the guys at SimplytheBestMan.co.uk and their easy best man speech system
. Their team of comedy writers have written for TV, radio and stand-up comedians, with over 4,000 jokes, quotes and more you’ll find everything you need to give the groom both barrels and keep all the guests laughing into their champagne.
But first let’s get that stag do sorted… It’s time to be the best, best man!
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make a stag do special?
Go for the hassle-free option, don't waste hours planning, only to end up with a full-time job sorting out payments from guys you might not know to suppliers you have never used before. That's our job, you simply pick the best activities / accommodation and leave us to get it sorted. Then sit back and take all the credit.
Do you pay for the groom on a stag do?
It's quite common that the stag doesn't pay for his place on a stag do. Let's face it, he will be dishing out the dosh for you guys to eat and drink at the wedding very soon. Freedom will pay for your groom if you have 15 or more stags.