Once the “god I’m so flattered, thanks for asking mate, of course I’ll be your best man” moment has worn off, that’s when the enormity of this onerous task sinks in, right in, down to the soles of your feet.
As ever, here at Freedom we try to be helpful and if you follow these guidelines things should, sorry there’s not cast iron guarantee, go well.
Stag Do– Well let us take the hassle out of organising the Stag Do for you, we’ll offer suggestions or provide the tools for you to tailor make your own package.
Speech – The pressure's on to be funny! But there’s help out there for the Best Man Speech, cue google.
The Groom – Get him to the church on time. You boys need to be at the wedding venue in plenty of time to have the photos and greet the guests.
Lord of the Rings – Safe guard those rings with your life until the marriage official relieves you of them.
Order of Play – You should be aware of what’s happening and when and impart this knowledge to as many guests as possible.
Photographs – Help the photographer by rounding up the required faces.
Presents – Ensure the safe keeping of any gifts that the happy couple receive. Usually the reception venue will help you with this.
Look after the Bridesmaids – Hopefully this will be one of your most pleasant duties.
Best Man Speech
Start thinking about the speech as soon as you’re asked to be Best Man. This way you can start thinking about what to write and the material you can use. You can always pick up some amusing tales from the stag night, just be careful which ones you choose!
Remember to include the following in your speech:
- Thank the groom for choosing you as the Best man
- Compliment the bridesmaids and tell the bride how lovely she looks
- Talk about your relationship with the groom, how you met and became such good friends
- You might want to include anecdotes from your past. Phrase these stories well in order not to offend the bride or groom
- Talk about how the groom met his wife, and how you felt they were right for each other
- Read out any telegrams or cards from family and friends who were unable to attend
BE VERY, VERY FUNNY.
Don’t be afraid! There are websites out there that provide Best Man templates for speeches or tailor-made speeches to suit your needs, they have the lot!