- Picturesque National Bobsleigh track
- Includes return transfer with lovely English speaking female guide
- WINTER - Two ice runs on on the Skeleton or Bobsleigh
- SUMMER - Two tarmac runs in a bob on wheels
Calling all adrenaline Junkies! Riga has the only Olympic-standard bobsleigh track in the Baltics, home of the national team. Boasting 1420 metres in length, 16 curves, a bridge and a 200 m long braking distance - these parameters of Sigulda bobsled and luge track can be experienced not only by professional athletes, but also by every visitor of Sigulda. Another example of how Riga can give your weekend something different and memorable.
The Riga Bob-Sleigh
track converts to summer use on tarmac and back to ice every year and so the event differs by season:
- A bob on wheels is used, this is piloted by an Olympic team instructor and you get two runs each.
- Ice Bobsleigh - a leisure version of the bob will be used, this is made of soft padding and rubber called "vuchko" (soft bob), this is not piloted and takes 5 participants at a time for one run each. Reach speeds in excess of 80 km/h and complete the track in under 70 seconds.
The track is located in picturesque hillside of Gauja national park just 40 minutes drive from any central Riga. We provide return transfers by minibus and a helpful English speaking local female guide.